An Industry Leader in DLT Tape Data Recovery
Secure Data Recovery Services is a world leader in tape data recovery. Our engineering teams have extensive experience with every DLT
and S-DLT format, and by investing heavily in technology development, we offer reliable success rates for all DLT media.
Secure Data Recovery Services offers professional repair and recovery for every Digital Linear Tape format.
For more than three decades, the Digital Linear Tape (DLT) format has been a popular choice for data archiving and long-term storage.
DLT tape cartridges can hold anywhere from 0.1 gigabytes to 800 gigabytes of data and provide safe storage for more than 20 years when kept in a properly controlled environment.
An Industry Leader in DLT Tape Data Recovery We offer DLT tape recovery services for the following formats:
- DLT-I and II Tape- Officially known as CompacTape, the DLTI and DLTII gained popularity in the 1980s. Secure Data Recovery Services maintains functional TK-50/70 drives and can provide fast results.
- DLT-III Tape - We offer full data recovery and repair services for all DLTIII media including physically damaged tape cartridges. Secure Data Recovery Services' facilities support both DLTIII and the closely related DLTIIIXT.
- DLT-IV Tape - One of the most popular DLT formats, DLT tape IV offered a capacity of up to 40GB. Our engineers can quickly repair damaged DLT tapes to a functional condition.
- DLT tape 7000 - We offer secure, fast data recovery services for DLT-7000 tapes and provide high success rates regardless of compression ratio, backup application or other factors.
- DLT8000 Tape - The DLT8000 drive supported the DLTIV format, providing an upgraded capacity of 40 gigabytes. Our specialists can quickly repair any DLT8000 tape, restoring access to key data.
- SDLT tape- Secure Data Recovery Services provides state-of-the-art services for SDLT I, S4, VS1 and SDLT II. We keep an inventory of components at our recovery laboratory and offer exceptional success rates for SDLT media.
At Secure Data Recovery Services, we know that tape backups play an essential role in many businesses' disaster recovery strategies.
Our goal is to offer dependable, safe services with an emphasis on security, and by regularly researching new technologies, we provide the best available success rates for all types of DLT media.
Whether you cannot access data due to tape oxidation, moisture damage, software errors or for any other reason, we can restore your files in a matter of days without risking additional media damage.
Secure Data Recovery Services offers risk-free diagnostics for DLT media, and our no recovery, no charge guarantee helps you manage your costs after any data loss disaster.
When you need help from a professional DLT tape data recovery team, our specialists are ready to help. Contact our tape recovery engineers today to start a case.
What to Do When a DLT Tape Backup Fails
For the best chances of a successful recovery, you should exercise extreme caution when handling damaged tape media, particularly when the cartridge shows clear signs of physical damage.
Like all digital tapes, DLTs can sustain serious damage after an initial component failure.
When you cannot read data from a DLT tape, turn off your tape drive. Do not attempt to read your cartridge on another system. This can cause additional
damage and media contamination, and file utilities often cause additional issues that prevent normal access.
Some of the most common failure scenarios for DLT media include:
- Accidental Overwrites and Other User Error
- Data Corruption
- Media Decay and Oxide Loss
- Damage from Malfunctioning Tape Drive
- Flipped, Torn or Broken Tape
- Software and Operating System Errors
Our specialists can safely evaluate your media to provide you with a price and turnaround estimate. Unlike other data recovery providers, we have experience with the DLT format
and keep a large inventory of drives onsite. We can safely assess media issues before performing any repairs, and because our engineering teams have experience with all common backup applications, we provide real results with flexible service options.
State-of-the-Art DLT Backup Data Recovery Technology
Secure Data Recovery Services maintains the industry's only certified Class 10 ISO 4 Cleanroom, which provides essential protection during physical DLT tape recovery procedures.
We also maintain perfect data security through regular SSAE 18 Type II audits and comply with other federal laws.
Secure Data Recovery Services offers:
- Fast Turnaround Times and 24/7/365 Tape Data Recovery Services
- Online Case Monitoring Tools and 24/7 Customer Service
- Experienced DLT Data Recovery Engineering Teams
- Risk-Free Diagnostics and a No Recovery, No Charge Guarantee
- SSAE 18 Type II Security Certification and Numerous Compliance Credentials
When you need to quickly recover data from a damaged Digital Linear Tape, you need the industry's best DLT tape data recovery team.
Secure Data Recovery Services offers an excellent 96 percent success rate, and with fast turnaround times and advanced security standards, we deliver incredible results
for our clients through more than 40 facilities. Start a case today to avoid downtime and data loss.