Your personal and private information is confidential and should stay that way. Identity fraud costs victims billions of dollars each year. In order to help protect consumers, in 1996 the United States passed the Kennedy-Kassebaum Bill with two objectives:
- Ensure that individuals would be able to maintain their health insurance between jobs. This is the Health Insurance Portability part of the Act.
- The second part of the Act is the "Accountability" portion. This section is designed to ensure the security and confidentiality of patient information/data. Additionally, it mandates uniform standards for electronic data transmission of administrative and financial data relating to patient health information.
We developed our procedures in accordance with HIPAA Security Standards.
HIPAA Privacy Rule deals with the saving, accessing and sharing of medical and personal information of individuals. HIPAA Security Rule addresses national security standards to protect health data created, received, maintained or transmitted electronically which is identified as ePHI or electronic protected health information.
HIPAA compliance is extremely important to prevent confidential and sensitive personal information falling in to the wrong hands. Health care providers and insurance companies are usually the focus of HIPAA compliance, but the same principles would apply to data recovery service companies too. This information needs to be protected and prevented from being altered or destroyed.
Secure Data Recovery takes HIPAA compliance very seriously, and we are dedicated to protecting your precious information. To be compliant we train and test our employees so that they are compliant with HIPAA standards and requirements. To be compliant we have employed the following technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect the ePHI of our clients:
- ACCESS CONTROL – We control and limit who can work with the data so that only authorized personnel have access to the ePHI.
- AUDIT CONTROL - We do annual audits to stay compliant.
- INTEGRITY - All employees pass a thorough background check.
- AUTHENICATION – We always verify that individuals that receive ePHI are the correct recipients.
- TRANSMISSION SECURTIY – Security measures are taken to ensure ePHI is not improperly modified without detection until the data is disposed of properly.
SDR has also put the following physical safeguards into practice:
- WORKSTATION USE – Each workstation is assigned to only one employee and accessible only to that individual.
- WORKSTATION SECURITY – Access is restricted to only authorized users. Workstation data is encrypted and password protected.
- DEVICE AND MEDIA CONTROLS – Data is stored on media that is not connected to the Internet, is encrypted, and backed up in another place.
- FACILITY ACCESS CONTROL – Only SDR employees are authorized to access our facilities where the work is completed.
Technical safeguards put in to place for HIPAA compliance include:
- The use of unique user ID's
- Emergency access procedures
- Automatic log off
- Encryption and firewall protection
Administrative safeguards that are in place include:
- Risk Analysis
- A Risk Management Team is in place
- An established Risk Management Process
- Assigned Security Responsibility
- Workforce Security
- Information Access Management
- Security Awareness and Training
- Security Incident Procedures
We happily will sign a Business Associate Agreement involving HIPAA compliance with any of our customers and or partners.
By being HIPAA compliant, Secure Data Recovery strives to protect your ePHI during transfer, removal, disposal, and re-use of all electronic personal data. Whether you are an individual or a large corporation, our high standards give you peace of mind when choosing us to handle your data recovery. We endeavor to work quickly and efficiently to recover the data intact and accurately.
We are available 24/7/365 days a year for your emergency data recovery needs. If we fail to recover your data, there is NO CHARGE. That is our guarantee! We have a 96% success rate of data recovery.
So give a call at 1-800-388-1266 and let us get your case started!