An Advanced Data Recovery Resource for Sony Tapes
Secure Data Recovery Services provides professional data recovery and repair for every Sony data storage cartridge format.
We specialize in data tape repair and operate the industry's most advanced facilities, and for a number of years, we have offered a dedicated resource for data storage services with exceptional success rates and state-of-the-art security.
We maintain a full inventory of Sony tape drives in order to provide our clients with fast, effective data loss solutions.
Our engineers work in a controlled laboratory with a certified Class 10 ISO 4 Cleanroom to safely repair damaged data tapes and cartridges.
We have experience with all Sony formats and can help you avoid downtime and permanent data loss after any media disaster.
Our Advanced Intelligent Tape (AIT) services include:
- Sony AIT - The original AIT format provided a capacity of 25-35 gigabytes with a small form factor. Our engineers can recover all cartridges from the AIT-1 line including AIT-E Turbo.
- Sony AIT2 - Secure Data Recovery Services maintains working AIT-2 tape drives and media components to allow for fast, reliable recovery and repair services.
- Sony AIT3 - The AIT-3 format featured twice the capacity and transfer speed of the AIT-2. We can securely recover all tapes from the AIT-3 line.
- Sony AIT4 - With a native capacity of 200 gigabytes, the AIT-4 represented a large step forward for AIT tapes. Secure Data Recovery Services provides multiple service options for AIT-4 data recovery.
- Sony AIT5 - With a small form factor and a large storage capacity, AIT 5 is an exceptionally portable option. Our engineering teams can safely repair or re-spool AIT 5 data cartridges in a matter of days under most circumstances.
Our SAIT tape data recovery services include:
- SAIT-1 - As one of the highest-capacity cartridges in the early 2000s, SAIT-1 offered a native capacity of 500 gigabytes. We offer full recovery and repair services for S-AIT cartridges.
- SAIT-2 - SAIT-2 was Sony's last AIT format and provided enormous storage capabilities with fast transfer speeds. We offer repair and recovery for all S-AIT cartridges and libraries.
- Additionally, we offer data recovery services for non-AIT Sony formats including DLT, DDS and D8.
Sony tape cartridges can fail due to normal wear and oxide loss, poor storage conditions, software issues or tape drive malfunctions. Secure Data Recovery Services invests heavily in tape equipment and technology, and our engineering teams can treat virtually any failure scenario to provide dependable results.
We are one of the only Sony data tape recovery providers with 24/7/365 emergency services. Thanks to our state-of-the-art laboratory equipment, we provide consistent, fast services through more than 40 facilities, and whether you need to manage your turnaround time or your recovery costs, our flexible service options allow you to quickly regain access to key data while controlling costs. Contact our customer service team today to get started.
What to Do When Sony Tape Media Fails
When a Sony tape stops functioning normally, you should immediately turn off your tape drive. Eject the tape, if possible, and do not attempt to read or repair your cartridge. Store it in a safe, appropriate environment at a moderate temperature and controlled humidity. Contact Secure Data Recovery Services as soon as possible to discuss recovery options.
We offer free price quotes for our standard Sony tape data recovery services. Our engineers will work in a certified Class 10 ISO 4
Cleanroom to evaluate media damage, returning a full price quote with an accurate turnaround estimate. If you approve our quote, we will perform essential repairs; we offer a full no recovery, no charge guarantee for Sony tape data recovery, and we post high success rates for all AIT and S-AIT formats.
Advanced Sony Tape Data Recovery Technology for Better Results
Because our specialists work in the industry's most advanced tape repair laboratory, we can successfully repair AIT tapes suffering from physical breaks, tears and
other physical media issues without risking contamination. Secure Data Recovery Services' engineers have decades of combined experience with various Sony tape formats, and we use strict security controls to protect your confidentiality at all times.
Reasons to choose Secure Data Recovery Services for Sony tape data recovery:
- Advanced S-AIT/AIT Data Recovery Hardware
- Support for All Sony Tape Formats
- SSAE 18 Type II Certification and Numerous Compliance Credentials
- High Success Rates for All Sony Cartridge Formats
- Multiple Service Options and 24/7/365 Emergency Tape Repair
Secure Data Recovery Services provides an exceptional resource for tape repair, data recovery and data conversion. We have the hardware and technology to treat any Sony data tape format, and with an overall success rate of 96 percent, we offer the most reliable solution for businesses of all sizes. We also maintain exceptional security standards, and with dozens of facilities across the United States, we can quickly help you restore your mission-critical files and backups to a functional condition.
To get started or to schedule a quote, call Secure Data Recovery Services today.