Microsoft Backup Tape Data Recovery Services
Secure Data Recovery Services offers a professional set of data recovery solutions for all Microsoft Backup tape cartridges. Our teams can help your business control costs following any type of media disaster, and with best-in-class security and advanced laboratory technology, we can effectively treat all tape backup formats.
We are proud to offer a flexible set of data recovery services for Microsoft Backup tape cartridges.
The Windows Server Backup utility replaced NTBackup in Windows Server 2008, providing a similar feature set but with a move away from tape-based backup support. Many businesses use older Microsoft backup utilities to create archives to data tape formats such as LTO, S-AIT, S-DLT, DAT and DDS, and Windows' support for various levels of encryption allow for secure, relatively reliable tape archives.
Unfortunately, tape failures are possible with any system. System administrators rarely note tape failures before attempting to restore from a backup, and data loss often carries costly consequences. On Windows Server systems, data tape cartridges can lose data due to logical issues such as corruption and accidental deletion or due to physical damage. Tape drives often present error messages indicating failed, unreadable or non-present media.
Some common types of data loss for Windows tape backups include:
- Oxide Loss and Storage-Related Media Decay Issues
- Smoke Damage and Media Contamination
- Humidity and Moisture Damage
- Flipped, Broken or Stretched Tape
- Tape Header Issues
- Corruption and Permanent Mid-File Errors
- Accidental Media Overwrites and Deletion
- Impact Damage and Physical Cartridge Component Damage
- Spooling Issues
At Secure Data Recovery Services, we specialize in Microsoft Backup tape repair and recovery. Our engineers regularly work with Windows Server backups and can often restore data from cartridges within several days.
We offer several turnaround options for Windows tape backup data recovery, and with the industry's best security credentials and a Certified Class 10 ISO 4 Cleanroom, we provide excellent recovery options for businesses of all sizes. Contact our customer service team today to get started.
Advanced Technology for Windows Backup Tape Data Recovery
Physical tape cartridge issues can quickly threaten the data on LTO, S-DLT, AIT and other high-capacity cartridges by exposing sensitive tape material to open air. In order to safely treat physical media issues, our tape engineers work in a certified Class 10 ISO 4 Cleanroom.
Secure Data Recovery Services' engineers always use safe media handling techniques, and we immediately transfer recovered Microsoft backup tape data to secure servers before performing logical procedures to treat data corruption and other issues. We offer consistent success rates for all formats, and our engineers treat all Microsoft Backup tape data recovery cases as priorities.
Features of our Microsoft Backup tape data recovery services include:
- Proprietary Technology and an Overall 96 Percent Success Rate
- Frequent Case Updates and Online Monitoring Tools
- No Recovery, No Service Charge for All Microsoft Backup Data Recovery Services
- Safe Tape Repairs in a Certified Class 10 ISO 4 Cleanroom
- SSAE 16 Type II Security Certification and Other Credentials
- An Extensive Network of More Than 40 Offices
- We offer several priority options for Microsoft Backup tape data recovery, including a fast 24/7/365 option for mission-critical cases. When you select our emergency services, we provide 24/7/365 attention to your case for the fastest possible turnaround. Our emergency services have an average turnaround of less than 24 hours.
What to Do When a Windows Backup Tape Fails
Windows Backup tapes may present a number of symptoms following a failure. As soon as you notice that you cannot access data, you should eject your tape and store it in a safe place. Contact Secure Data Recovery Services to set up an evaluation for your cartridges.
Data recovery costs and turnaround times are affected by media type, compression ratio, encryption and the extent of physical and logical damage. Secure Data Recovery Services is one of the only data recovery providers with free standard media diagnostics for all Microsoft Backup tape formats. Our diagnostic reports contain an accurate assessment of tape damage, a price quote and an estimated turnaround to give you an easy way to plan your recovery.
When you need to access files on a Windows Backup tape, Secure Data Recovery Services offers a comprehensive set of resources. We use better security credentials than any other provider, and with proprietary technology and expert engineering teams, we always deliver consistent results for Microsoft Backup tape data recovery. Call our 24/7 customer service line now to schedule free diagnostics or for more information.